Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cake Mania


Who doesn't love cakes? I am a bit cake-obsessed and by a bit I mean constantly stalk new creations of my favorite cake decorators. One of my all-time favorite cake decorators is Bronwen Weber of Frosted Art Bakery in Dallas, Texas. I first discovered her during her many stints in Food Network Challenge. I found myself always rooting for her as she created some of the most incredible cakes I have ever seen, on the spot and within a time limit. What draws me to her cakes so much is the attention to incredible detail, how life-like her cake sculptures are, and how intricate and beautiful the overall designs of her cakes are. You can check out some of her amazing creations here.

Another favorite cake designer: Colette Peters of Colette's Cakes in New York, New York. While I first fell in love with her artistry during her witty banter with Duff Goldman during Food Network Challenges, I continued my taste for her cakes because of their magnificence. I cannot forget when she squared off with Duff during the "Mystery Cakes" challenge. While Duff's cake was incredible in design, the execution unfortunately did not turn out copasetic. On the spot, Colette was able to perfectly execute a "Fishing" themed cake and beat out her fierce competitors. It was then that my love for her skill was solidified.

And I cannot possibly do an introduction to my favorite cake designers post without the aforementioned cake genius that is Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes in Baltimore, Maryland. Duff's ability to create the most interesting, jaw-dropping cakes is unmatched in the industry. His willingness to take chances and make cakes that possibly no one else would ever attempt is inspiring. I will never forget the awe I experienced when I saw the episode of "Ace of Cakes" in the first season entitled "Wedding Cakes and Headaches." In this episode, Duff created a birthday cake for his father in which he had fireworks come shooting out of it. Not many would attempt such a cake but Duff was excited for the challenge. If you want to admire extreme yet beautiful cakes, Duff would be your guy! Check out some of his cool cake sculptures and more here!
Courtesy of: colettescakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...