Saturday, February 25, 2012

Site Scoop: Smitten Kitchen Breakfast

You'll never meet a bigger breakfast fan than me. Nothing gets me out of bed faster than the prospect of a gooey bacon egg and cheese sandwich or a stack of pancakes drenched in syrup. When I'm home in New York, my mother, knowing I have this weakness, constantly spoils me with omelets, chocolate chip pancakes and cinnamon buns. Some people find my breakfast obsession endearing, while others find it a little strange. In fact, I've noticed that many of my peers just can't get excited about the most important meal of the day. Too many people just grab a handful of dry cereal or a piece of toast before they rush out the door on their way to morning classes. And this makes me sad. Don't you know what you're missing out on? It's just wrong! So I am asking you to do something for me this weekend. Visit one of my most beloved food blogs, Smitten Kitchen, and find a delightfully decadent recipe from the breakfast section to make for yourself and some friends. May I suggest the boozy baked french toast, jalapeño-cheddar scones, or lemon ricotta pancakes with sauteed apples? Better yet, turn it into a breakfast potluck and let everyone contribute a dish! Then eat your heart out and reward yourself with a serious food-coma-induced afternoon nap! You can thank me later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...