Saturday, April 16, 2011

Foodzie Tasting Box - A Gift to Self!

For those of you who love trying new foods, who love supporting small food producers, and who can spare $19.99 a month (which includes shipping!), one of the best things you can do is gift yourself a monthly Tasting Box from Foodzie.

I stumbled across Foodzie some time ago, and I thought it was a great online marketplace -- with a very attractive interface, nice search options (particularly by category and region -- with a map!), and a large variety of small food producers.

When I recommended one of my favorite food items, Marilyn's Nut Butters, as a possible addition to their long and inviting list of deliciousness, I received a speedy reply back with a lovely thank you and a gift of a Tasting Box! Not only did this reflect great customer service, but also really smart marketing. When I received my box, I was thrilled to find lime green tissue paper. Packaging is key, and a simple color choice brightened up my day -- and I hadn't even gotten to the food yet!

As soon as I made it past the paper, I was delighted to find a slew of small packages, ranging from mini-cupcakes (from Kyotofu in New York -- which I know and love), to smoky nuts and dried fruit, to granola bars and organic tea. My favorite item was actually a little jar of caramel, which I tried to save for ice cream, but proceeded to consume all of in a matter of minutes.

The best thing about the Tasting Box is really the surprise element. You never know what you're going to get, so it's pretty much like opening a gift to self every month! Nevertheless, you're inevitably going to get a nice variety of sweet and savory. And because everything comes in small sample sizes, it's easy to try a bit of everything without overindulging!

For anything that you might want more of, every Tasting Box comes with a little card spelling out what each item is and where it's from, so that you can purchase larger sizes through Foodzie.

While you can choose to purchase a single box or a monthly subscription, I think everyone deserves a little surprise once a month. (Don't you?) Better yet, you can gift the subscription to someone you love!
Check out Foodzie at http://www.foodzie.com/ -- you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...