Monday, November 1, 2010

Wanna S.N.A.C.K.?

I've always loved to cook; when I was little my favorite toy was my best friend's pretend kitchen set. Flash forward to my high school years and I had moved on to real food, then came S.N.A.C.K., a cooking club stands for Students Now Acquiring Culinary Knowledge. My friend and I started it one day when we had a revelation, we both liked to cook (and eat) and we should gather our friends (who also liked to cook and eat) so we could try out different recipes together. It became a sort of culinary book club where we would decide on a theme such as just desserts, Asian, breakfast, comfort food, or chocolate, and then we would decide which recipe to cook. We had our meetings at our different houses, creating culinary masterpieces, eating tasty food, and making tons of fun memories.

Making spring rolls at our Asia-themed meeting

Our first recipe, berry custard tart

My fellow founder, Russell, with our Sushi

S.N.A.C.K. started out as a summer pastime, but we all wanted more so we started our own club at school. When we all graduated we had one final meeting before everyone went off to college. At this meeting we all vowed that at our respective schools we would start our own branch of S.N.A.C.K. My friend and fellow SNACKer at Stanford has held up his end of the bargain, and that school has its own branch of SNACK now. So I feel that it is my duty to start SNACK here.

Anyone who wants to join SNACK, can. All levels of cooking skill are welcome. Just come ready to cook, eat, and most importantly have fun.

Here's the info:
What?: Penn SNACK info session/first meeting
When?: Wednesday, November 3rd, 8:00 PM
Where?: Location TBD


If you are interested in joining you can send an email to pennsnack@gmail.com and then we can email you with the location and any changes of date or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...