Friday, April 9, 2010

Passover Cookies Good Enough to Eat All Year Long

Passover is finally over…yet somehow I haven’t been craving bread, pasta and other forbidden foods all that much. Perhaps it’s because I made (and ate) enough KFP (Kosher for Passover) cookies, as my friend Julie calls them, to last me the eight days. Not only did I bake dessert as a Passover meal supplement, but also as a substitute for the home-cooked treats I missed out on, as I did not go home for the Seders this year.
 
My Grandma Bea is the source of the following cookie recipe that I am sharing with you. They’re her “healthy,” one-bowl, so-easy-even-my-ten-year-old-brother-can-make-them cookies that she serves me on Passover and year-round.
 
Grandma Bea’s Almond Cookies:
 
2 egg whites
1/3 c. sugar
2 c. slivered almonds
Vanilla (optional)
 
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Drop mixture on the baking dish by the tablespoonful, leaving a half-inch between each cookie. Bake for 20 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Enjoy. 
 
 
Article and photo by Hilary Gerstein

1 comment:

  1. these look so delicious! so sorry i missed out on them

    -rd-

    ReplyDelete

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...