Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Acai Energy Bowl

I used to frequent a cafe in Santa Monica that has an amazing Acai Bowl. The recipe is so simple that I decided I should start making it home so then I could enjoy it whenever I wanted - and could make as many as I wanted! Acai is a berry full of anti-oxidants so not only is this energy bowl very filling, it is also a great healthy breakfast or afternoon treat...

Ingredients:
2 packs of Original Sambazon Acai smoothie packs (found in the freezer section)
1 large banana
1/2 - 1 cup frozen strawberries
Splash of apple juice
Granola (my favorite for this recipe is Nature's Path Hemp granola for the perfect crunch!)
Fresh strawberries
Chocolate chips (optional--to sweeten the deal)

Directions:
Blend the smoothie packs, 2/3 of the banana, frozen strawberries, and apple juice until smooth. Pour the smoothie into bowl and top with granola, the remaining banana, and slices of fresh strawberries (and maybe chocolate chips). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...